BMW head of design Adrian van Hooydonk and the i8 project manager Henrik Wenders talk about the BMW i cars from Frankfurt IAA 2013.
Video shot and produced by Jim Perry.
The BMW i8 made its splash onto the stage during the BMW press conference at the 2013 Frankfurt IAA show in Protonic Blue, but there were several more colors on hand at the show.
Check out the i8 in Crystal White, Ionic Silver and Sophisto Grey. These four colors round out the initial colors available for the i8, which hits US showrooms in Spring 2014 at a starting price of $135,700 (plus destination and handling).
To recap, the BMW i8 is a 2+2-seater hybrid electric sports car capable of generating 266 kW / 362 hp (max. torque: 570 Nm / 420 lb-ft) and covering 0 – 100 km/h / 62 mph in 4.4 seconds, combined with fuel economy of: EU fuel consumption: 2.5 litres per 100 km … CONTINUED
We have updated our photo gallery of the BMW i3 electric car, and added a video showing an on-board lap in the i3 as it goes around the track that’s been erected at the BMW Display at the Frankfurt IAA 2013.
BMW has debuted the BMW X5 eDrive Plug-in Hybrid Concept at the 2013 Frankfurt IAA show.
Although the X5 hybrid is being presented in concept form, prototypes have already been spied in testing, so expect a production model to be made.
Here’s the skinny on the X5 eDrive Concept:
• Four cylinder turbocharged engine (no horsepower figure provided)
• Paired with electric motor (provides 95 horsepowers)
• Up to 70 MPH (120km/h) on electric power alone
• Maximum range of 19 miles (30km) on electric power alone
• 0-60 MPH in 7.0 seconds
• Average fuel consumption in the EU test cycle of 3.8 litres per 100 kilometres (74.3 mpg imp).
• Can be charged from any domestic power socket
• High-voltage battery is mounted in crash-safe position underneath the load area, whose capacity remains … CONTINUED
The Frankfurt IAA 2013 show is underway, with the public days beginning this Saturday. BMW occupies an entire hall for its display and has 62 cars on the show floor, with 24 more additional cars on the elevated track.
Watch some of the most important model debuts below, which is of course headlined by the BMW i cars – the i8 and i3.
We’ve just finished covering the press days for the 2013 Frankfurt IAA auto show and one of our favorites from the BMW display was the 4 Series Coupe with M Performance Parts [Official Thread / Previous Pics] fitted.
The M Performance Parts available for the F32 4 Series include:
The BMW M Performance Power Kit PPK:
BMW 420d (+12Kw, +40Nm)
BMW 430d (+20kW, +40Nm)
BMW 435i (+25kW, +50Nm)
M Performance Exhaust system (available 428i and 435i) with chrome tailpipes or carbon fiber tips (for 435i)
• M Performance Limited-slip differential
• M Performance Suspension
• M Performance brakes (red, yellow or orange calipers)
• M Performance light alloy wheels
• 18-inch winter complete wheel sets in double-spoke design
• Black kidney grilles
• Rear diffuser
• Side sill foils with M Performance inscription,
• M Performance … CONTINUED
The BMW i3 electric vehicle [Official Thread] has made its auto show debut at the 2013 Frankfurt IAA show.
We are live from the Frankfurt IAA 2013 auto show where BMW has officially debuted the production BMW i8 hybrid electric car.
We’ve already shown you the i8 in silver and black, but BMW debuted the i8 at the Frankfurt show in an even wilder color – Protonic Blue Metallic with frozen grey accents.
David (Dackelone) was on hand to witness the reveal and gives us this first look at the i8 in Protonic Blue.
Wolfram Greiner – the manager for BMW Group trade fair presentations, gives insights into the current state of things, the concept of the BMW’s new presentation at IAA and some of its highlights.