In the latest episode of Fifth Gear, Jason Plato has a go in BMW’s flagship convertible - the F12 M6 Convertible, boasting 560hp / 501 lb-ft torque from its twin turbo V8 S63Tu motor, but weighting in at 4,530 pounds.
Plato praises the power delivery and sound from the new S63Tu based powertrain. He achieves 0-62mph in 4.3 seconds for the M6 convertible in his test.
Although the car weighs in at 4,530 pounds, it never feels like it to according to Plato. There’s a bit of understeer in high speed cornering, but that can be somewhat alleviated by more aggressive throttle application, albeit resulting in a harsh transition from understeer to oversteer. Overall, Plato feels the M6 is a great driver’s car which delivers really good … CONTINUED
G-POWER has now released the full specs and images on its M6 F13 “Bi-Tronik III” upgrade program, featuring:
• G-POWER Bi-Tronik III with 640HP (+80hp increase) and 573 lb-ft (777 Nm) torque (+73 lb-ft increase).
• New ASA Series supercharger with Bi-Tronik III tune which ups boost while managing fuel and ignition parameters, as well as managing torque figures during the shifting process for reduced stress on transmission.
• 0-100 kmh (0-62 mph) covered in 3.8 seconds and new top speed of 315 kmh
• G-POWER coilover suspension RS
• G-POWER SILVERSTONE RS wheels 21″
• (optional) G-POWER Carbon braking system for front axle (likely up to … CONTINUED
Hamann debuts their flashy and extremely shiny (chrome like) Mirr6r BMW M6 Coupe at the 2013 Geneva Motor Show.
The Hamanna Mirr6r M6 features a completely custom aero kit including, widebody front and rear vented fenders, custom front bumper with large air intakes and integrated spoiler lip, custom rear bumper with square intake outlets, sideskirts, high rear wing, carbon fiber Venturi diffuser, and vented carbon fiber hood.
The Hamann exhaust system features a push button selectable feature for a toned down note mode and an aggressive sound mode.
The suspension features sports springs which lower the M6 by 35mm. The Mirr6r M6 sits on forged wheels - Edition Race or Unique Forged Formula wheels, wrapped in Vredestein Ultrac Vorti R tires which are 265/30 ZR front and 305/25 … CONTINUED
In terms of M cars at the 2013 Geneva show, BMW has brought out two M6 models - a Frozen Silverstone M6 Gran Coupe and a San Marino Blue M6 Convertible.
Unfortunately, there has been no sign of the F80 M3 concept, which many speculated may be making its debut here at the show. We’ve reported in the past that we believe (and still do) that the F80 M3 concept will instead bow in September at the Frankfurt Auto Show.
The 560 hp M6 Gran Coupe was revealed 3 months ago [official thread] and has been priced in the US starting at $113,000 [official pricing info].
Here are the BMW M6 and 6 Series Gran Coupes currently on display at the BMW owned dealership in Munich.
- Individual Frozen Red Metallic F13 M6 Coupe
- Frozen Brilliant White Metallic F13 M6 Coupe
- San Marino Blue (Standard Factory Color) F12 M6 Convertible
- Carbon Black Metallic 640d Gran Coupe
- Frozen Bronze Metallic 640d Gran Coupe with Individual Interior
These guys at TFLcar.com the F12 M6 Coupe a mile above sea level, with the help of the BMW launch control feature.
Did it dramatically affected the 0-60 time? Enough to beat the new Mercedes SL? Find out inside.
Watch as a member’s F13 M6 Coupe takes down a Nissan GT-R from a roll (at 50km/h or 31mph) and in second gear. The GT-R may be godzilla from a dig (standing start), but the M6 eats godzilla on this day from a roll.
Review by Chris Harris pitting the BMW M6 (F13) against the Mercedes SL63 AMG.
With over 1100hp combined these are the ultimate super-heated GT cars. Fast enough to match a 911 Turbo, comfy enough to cruise a continent.
Car and Driver sets some great M5 and M6 drifting to slow motion action and music in this hypnotic compilation from their recent shootout test.