10-15-2011, 12:37 PM   #100
Mark
Administrator
Rep
Drives: 1M

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Hot|Ice=- View Post
A BMW doesn't need design lines. This is just all a gimmick to bring in a wider audience so they sell more. BMW use to make great cars that looked elegant, yet sporty. Shedding 88 pounds is NOTHING. The car weights in excess of 3600 pounds, I would sure hope they could find something to reduce the weight. Like I said, BMW is aiming at becoming the next Toyota. That will hurt them in the long run.
I have to agree with southlight on this one. To say that BMW has 'lots its way' based on how the car looks or what color trim it has its a bit off the target IMO. I would only say a BMW lost its mark based on how it drives and if I have fun driving it or not.

The answer to that question will come after this car is released to the public IMO. But coming off the heels of the 1M, I have no doubts at all...

As for BMW becoming Toyota, hows that? Because of volume? I think the debate on that was long over, if BMW doesnt sell more volume it ceases to exist, you didnt forget that quickly what GM, Chrysler and Ford just went through right? In any event, selling more volume doesn't change the car IMO, I think there are good examples of companies keeping their core values intact despite volume or popularity. I'd cite Apple and Google as good examples.