plokij
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshvt
P-
Curious which rack you ended up buying and if you recommend it? I have a 2012 e91 on order and want to get a rack system. I will be hauling bikes and a cargo box for the families stuff on weekend beach trips. My car is coming with the low profile rails and I have had trouble finding info or feedback on systems that work with these rails. Yakima and Thule sites even say they do not have a compatible base- which I find hard to believe...

Is that lemans blue btw? I ordered an m sport with lemans blue over saddle- i haven't seen another e91 in LMB on the road. Can't wait to take delivery!
I got the oem crossbars because I wanted perfect fitment with the low profile roof rails. Got a great deal on them from bmwmercedesparts.com

They take about 15 minutes to put on the first time because you got to measure out and line them up right. But after that, it takes less than 5 minutes to swap them on and off because they leave a slight "fingerprint" mark on the rails where they have been gripping.

Thule actually makes the oem crossbars for BMW. With the cheap price, it was a no brainer for me. Oh, and they come with locks. Thule charges extra for those.

I only needed them for putting Velcro pads on them for surfboards or whatever else needs strapping down. Your needs may differ. I don't know if Thule attachments work with them, but I assume they do. Better talk to Thule about that.

Mine is Le Mans blue indeed! M sport with 6spd man trans. Black interior. Enjoy it.
Appreciate 0