04-24-2012, 04:10 PM   #209
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by MERCSUk153 View Post
I had one beside me and I didn't think anything of it until when I passed the car and then I noticed the front grille and lights then I knew it was a F30. The side profile unless you really look at it you won't notice the difference when both cars are passing each other. Kind of the same for the rear until you look at the lights. Both the E90 and the F30 have more or less the same general shape imo. When you look in detail though I would say the F30 overall design is a refinement of the E90 exception would be the hoodline though.
Sorry, but you keep saying things like this as if it's unusual. Aside from the front and rear clips and change in overall size, I still have to really concentrate on telling a B5, from a B6 from a B7 to a B8, even though I've owned three different Audii from two generations. Of course the 911 has nearly 50 years of practically identical side profile going and it still looks great. Not every car needs to be completely reworked every generation, and a Hoffmeister kink and a few other basic styling elements do strongly identify a BMW, so it's unlikely to change anytime soon.
Appreciate 0