View Single Post
      05-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
superjay
Resident Car Audio Guru
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E93 335i

where is she going?

They arent' really trying to rip anyone off...they're trying to save money, even if that means quality is sacrificed. Their excuse is "well, the specs are the same, but we save half a penny", when the spec really isn't the same. When Iv'e spent a year testing components to make sure which one we really need, and they change to something "with the same spec" that I've already tested, and know isn't the same, it's just frustrating.

I designed a polycarbonate subwoofer basket with 20% glass content for rigidity, and elasticity...they changed to 3% glass to save money, and the baskets ALL broke.

The problem is that we negotiate a price for the life of the contract, and there's no going back to change that. They only figure in RIGHT NOW pricing on commodities, not market fluctuation. When their price goes up they try to figure a way to keep making money. I dont' knock them for it, but they should have factored market fluctuations in the contract. When they're forced to go back to the right parts, they get all kinds of pissy about money.
jay@navtv.com
Appreciate 0