Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
The Palestine/Israel conflict thread was locked for no reason, other than the fear of a potential slug fest. But that is always the case in any political thread, so you might as well just get rid of that sub-forum all together.

I felt annoyed since I was actually personally called out, and never had the chance for a rebuttal.
I honestly don't think it was locked for no reason at all... Initially the thread was pretty civil (mostly the first page), but it got out of hand once someone started calling you out, and then talking about wiping people off the map. It's just my opinion, but I think that was the reason it was shut down. Even one of my posts, which I feel was pretty good considering some of the misinformation being posted (without sources of course), was deleted and I'm not sure why. But overall I can see why the thread was closed because of where it was possibly heading. Maybe it wouldn't have gone down that road, but I don't know, it sure seemed like it was.

Perhaps a better resolution for the mods would have been to delete the posts deemed offensive or possibly volatile, make a post reminding people to keep it civil, and let the discussion keep going. If it went downhill again, then close it. I do think sometimes the mods in this subsection just close the thread without cleaning it and getting it back on track instead.

If you really want to go on about what was said, you do have the option to PM the person who called you out.