View Single Post
      04-30-2013, 05:21 PM   #97
sparky
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 BMW 335i Sedan

2011 335i and the Sommer Synoris 550 Garage Door Opener

HELP! 2011 335i with Sommer 550.

I managed to get past step 4 with the help of this thread but maybe also by blind luck because I could never repeat it. I was able to program button 1 by holding the edge of the transmitter right next to the back of the rear view mirror right smack center. To try and repeat it I programmed button 2 but could only do it by holding the edge of the transmitter this time ~1 inch from the back of the rear view mirror. I could not program button 3 regardless of angle or distance or location variation.

The kicker is, despite button 1 and 2 being ready to learn the rolling code (rapid blink when pressed), I just can't get past it. I hit the learn button on the GDO, and then hit button 1 - i see it registering on the GDO. But after 3, 4, 5 button presses (~2 seconds each, rapid blink then solid)... still no banana.

What's going on!?

RE: Step 4, if you're in the right spot it shouldn't take 10 seconds to pickup right? No need to hold it there for a minute?

RE: HomeLink sensor window - is it the white little square shown in this picture? Or the round plastic thing at the center bottom of the rear view mirror? Or elsewhere.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0