Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 Supra 3.0 (Past: 2015 M23

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pertplus View Post
As an attorney, what recent college grad gets 2 $xx,xxx bonus checks from a law firm? Even from the perspective of Biglaw firms this sounds suspect. Plus, you're going to base your financial decisions on bonus checks you haven't received yet?

And let me get this straight, you will get possibly 2 bonuses totaling potentially mid-5 figures and you're going TO EVEN CONSIDER having your parents put down a down-payment for a 328i or M3? And you have loans to pay back? C'mon son! Where are your priorities?
Small Law firm, highly reputable lawyer and 2 BIG cases, one of them against British Petroleum (BP). They had a similar case in 2008 against BP and people in my position, who deserved it, received 20-$40K bonus checks (Yes, uncommon for any law firm to do so, I admit I am very lucky) the other case is going into mediation in a few days.

Regardless of Bonus check or not I would be able to lease 328i or 435i in a few months. Yes I would consider having my parents HELP ME put down a down payment on an M3 depending on how much money I have available at that point, how much I still owe in College debt, living expenses and other financial variables.

You are absolutely right, bonuses are not guaranteed and raise is not guaranteed, cases could get thrown out the water at any time, hell who knows if the economy tanks again I might not even have an income. I mentioned all of the above in order to try and paint the picture and just give more info on how I should come to a decision. With that said thank you for sharing your opinion, I appreciate it

BTW: the whole 328i lease was my mom's idea

Last edited by Powaup; 09-24-2013 at 07:33 PM..
Appreciate 0