View Single Post
      07-09-2014, 09:28 AM   #12
Billy Cheeseman
Fender bender
Rep
Drives: Sky Grey 330e tour msport pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengocity View Post
So does any manufacturer really stand out for build quality? Not just perceived material quality like an Audi, but really well screwed together (so to speak), top notch materials, flawless paintwork...

I'm guessing you really need to be going up the ranges, or looking at the very pricey marques.

I never really considered how amazing paintwork could look till I had a good look at a Bentley!

But then you read plenty enough about parts bin raiding on cars like Astons, iffy plastics on ferraris etc
agree - even my dads range rover back 8/9 years ago which was mega-bucks still had some iffy plastics dotted about and had signs of parts bin raiding - unless you are buying Bentley, rolls etc I think there will always be an element of penny pinching where they can

my old boss bought a new jag for well over £50,000 and it literally fell apart in 6 months

what you must remember is that although we all spend a lot of money on our cars, they are still a mass produced item rather than a custom hand crafted item and you have to accept the fact that there will be the odd lemon built etc etc

with cars I personally feel you get what you pay for in terms of quality, performance etc etc and I am sure my £35,000 car is better than a £25,000 one

This is my 5th BMW and I have never had any great issues with build quality and I have always felt happy with my purchase