View Single Post
      09-26-2014, 12:38 PM   #1
Carcollector212
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Just drove DCT and Manual back to back Feedback Below.

Finally was able to drive both and will say they are both entirely different experiences. Drove both cars hard for 1 hour each.

I was all set and excited for the manual but to be honest it wasn't that fast to drive and the shifter felt very notchy, Porsche manual gearboxes feel much better. I almost like the manual gearboxes in my 45+ year old Muscle cars better and im 100% HONEST. My vintage cars feel more natural and sporty when banging through those manual linkage 4 speeds its visceral!

this is my conclusion BMW M designed this new turbo motor for the DCT there is no way to say it otherwise because the manual just didn't feel right for the engines power band. No matter how hard i hammered the manual trans car it just felt lagging.

Keep in mind i drove both cars in Sport + mode for steering, throttle and suspension. Both cars have 19 inch wheels

the DCT car was a little rocket however i was not as impressed with the power compared to my SL63 and my CTSV. granted there is no excuse for V8 and displacement but i felt there was a pretty substantial power difference from my other cars in the stable.

Now i am still planning to pick up an M3 for a daily driver but cant decide if the 6 speed manual is the right decision after all. ugggg
Appreciate 0