View Single Post
      09-26-2014, 01:52 PM   #14
Carcollector212
Private
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

personally BMW should make DCT standard because there are literally 4 cars on the ground in the entire USA according to a national locate with 6 speed and everything else is DCT

When i first bought my E60 M5 i drove the manual and that was an E39 M5 gearbox and it was not well suited for the V10, the SMG was specifically designed for the V10 and that car was alot of fun for its time.

I really enjoy manual i mean i drove my friends C7 Z51 the other night and LOVED every minute of it, that car truly impressed me overall and the V8 in that car is perfection, hey im biased all my cars are V8's

the Audi manuals shifter feels better and im not the only one who feels this way.

Does anyone make a shift kit for BMW shifter to make it feel more stout?

I own some crazy modified race cars some with 4 speed Jericho Nascar gearboxes and once you drive one of those cars its hard to get that feel from any modern car for sure.

Also the M3 with the manual felt almost identical to a BMW 1M with a tune almost identical and i tracked a 1M two years ago as my friend still owns one.

Im torn here to be honest i almost wish the new 2017 CTSV was out with a manual trans i think hands down that will be the car that would suit my needs for a DD.

Everyone has their opinion of course and i own and drive alot of cars and the feedback presented is just my very own.
Appreciate 0