View Single Post
      12-29-2014, 01:55 PM   #85
mtrack
Private
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by karussell View Post
First of all M3 vs. M4. I can't tell a difference between them driving. Both are completely mental. I do feel like I'm sitting higher up in the M3 with same seating position.

I have plenty of head clearance in either car but i'm 6ft. my codriver is 6ft6 and he fits in his stock 1M just fine with helmet. Maybe i can ask him how he does it for you.

My preferred seating position is fairly upright in this car but as low as possible. With your height i suggest regardless of the vehicle you choose to get your head as low as possible. 2 things happen. 1st you are forced to look up and not down in front of you. This is great for moving your eyes way down the track. 2nd its safer and lower center of gravity. In the race car we have cushions for each driver and i prefer to sit in a little more tilted position without pinching my legs. 1.5 hours in a race car at a time you want maximum comfort. So if driving with a slight tilt works for your comfort and you end up sitting lower looking up more then it sounds like a win-win.

unfortunately that won't help with your M3 vs M4 debate. good luck! can't go wrong with either or both!
Thank you for taking the time to answer all the questions. So helpful.
You spec'd your F82 with the cloth seats. Do you think the driver might sit a bit lower in the cloth seats vs the leather? Does the bottom cushion compress more to form more of a "cup," with cloth than the leather? I know cloth material itself is less slick and grips better due to that fact alone.

Also, I'm very intrigued by the standard 18" tires vs the optional 19"s. I really don't care too much about the cosmetics of wheel to chassis gap. Is there any on track performance difference between the 18" tire size and the 19"? Obviously the cheaper the replacement cost for expendables the better!
Appreciate 0