View Single Post
      01-19-2015, 12:27 PM   #9
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

The "Geniuses" idea is terrible from many points of view.

First, the guy who sells the vehicle must know the product. No knowledge, no sale.

There will be some conflicts in there, many times you see one guy saying something and the other saying something different.
In my experience, many sales guys I bought from DID NOT deserve the money they get from me. If I could choose to give my mark-up to the charity I will definitely do it.
I actually got afraid few times that my order was not properly received due to the fact that the guy DOES NOT KNOW THE PACKAGES! So I must make sure that the manager signed the paper that it will be as discussed.

A very knowledgeable sales person at Ford for example can build more value in the eye of the customer than a non-knowledgeable sales guy from BMW, and in the end the customer can have a more pleasant experience and see more value in a Ford vehicle than a BMW. If you know which keys to target, you can win a customer.

The person who sales the car MUST know the product regardless, because that is his bread. Second, if he's not good, let him go, bring a passionate individual. Probably 80% of the sales guys in BMW franchises are there because of the money, not because they love the product. Passion goes a long way, brings excitement and many times can be contagious.

Bottom line,
This is just a way to get crowded, confusing and very costly. Why?
Educate, train, and impose product knowledge exams in each sales person and forget about the Geniuses.

And as a note, a genius is something way above the ordinary and it will not work nor for Apple or BMW.

Last edited by Teutonic; 01-19-2015 at 12:33 PM..
Appreciate 0