02-19-2015, 06:51 PM   #1
Leglessracing
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 E92

E92 m3 track build

Hi guys,

Thought that I would open up a thread. I used to race British championship supermoto and built all my own race bikes from the ground up. In 2012 I got paralysed so my Supermoto career was over! Anyway, not to dwell on that, onwards and upwards as they say!

I'm now finally getting around to a track car build! I'm getting really excited about it. I've not been on track since 2012 and I'm really missing the adrenalin of trashing around the track! My Current 2014 Golf GTI will be used in the short term for some track work until the M3 is ready.

So a few months have gone past while having some heavy conversations with Will at Geoff Steel Racing. He is really enthusiastic about doing a build with me and having it adapted for use with hand controls! Something different for them to do!

On Monday, Will went off and and picked up a accident damaged 2011 M3 in black for £12,000! Now as I'm not able to build the car myself it's really going to get to me! So they will have all the fun of building it for me. I will get some pics of the base car uploaded tomorrow. It's not a pretty picture at the moment but as it will be a track car I can overlook some front end damage.

So now the car is with them ready to be stripped down on Monday. We are already looking at some great parts. I've picked up some 4 way Moton dampers, a MoTeC M800 ECU and C125 dash currently and there is a full international roll cage on order.

The car once stripped will get the motor dropped then be off to get jigged and have the full roll cage installed. Once it's nice and straight the the modification will begin!

Parts that will be orders to go on the car at the moment will be a full custom made exhaust to include headers, full adjustable geometry, hand controls, intake, carbon bonnet, boot, door cards, diffuser, bumpers and the list goes on!

With this being a salvage car, there is the issue of no initial power run or weight to see how far along we come! All I can base my figures off of are the ones that the factory say they are. It's a bit of a bummer but at the cost of the car I don't mind!

Anyway I will upload some pics tomorrow and when I have updates I will post them :-) I can't wait to get it all sorted and running and get out to club meets and track days.

I hope you all will be as excited as I am through this build!

Last edited by Leglessracing; 07-28-2017 at 07:22 AM..
Appreciate 1
Edward376.50