09-15-2015, 01:40 AM   #48
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogbone View Post
Thanks! Yeah, I'm very happy to have this level of safety in the car. It gives a secure feeling. But it took me awhile to commit to doing the project because the car was still a street-going car, and I sorta felt bad ripping apart a beautiful car that I loved, but once it turned 6 years old and needed to be smog inspected in CA, which it would not pass due to blower and exhaust, it was a much easier decision. I really did want the safety and now I had an easy justification to do it. I turned the car over to RWE for the cage one week before it turned 6 years-old.

Now I really do like the whole process of sliding into the race seat, putting the neck restraint all in place, strapping in, buckling and tightening everything down----it's a very comforting feeling…..until of course, I realize I forgot to start the damn GoPro which sits on my front bumper…..

Slippery slope? No way. I have no idea what you're talking about. It's TOTALLY done. Well, except for the Macrolon windows, the exhaust, the solid subframe bushings, the solid control arm bushings, the solid diff bushings, the adjustable toe-arms, the custom diff, the four CSF coolers, the passenger seat setup, a Cool shirt setup, a front lip, the carbon roof, a front splitter, the back seat blank panel to cover the trunk hole, stripping more wiring, window net, totally removing the stock dash and putting a bare-bones dash in it's place, a roll cage GoPro mount, the vinyl logo stickers, the air compressor system for the pickup truck, the air springs for the pickup truck, the gas generator for the trailer, A/C for the trailer…..yup it's totally done. No slippery slope here….no sir……wait, are those Michelin slicks? Ooh I need to try a set of those! hmmm I wonder who I need to contact to retune my blower to run E85….
You need moar to go w2w
- Fire System
- Electrical Cutoff
- Window Net
- Center Net
It def is a slippery slope.
Then there is the fees and tires for w2w ...which is another level of expense.

Although i dont think u are planning on going w2w.
Appreciate 0