09-16-2015, 03:55 PM   #66
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingbrake View Post
This may help to clarify different options

1. If you purchase CCM Iron conversion rotors from us you do not need a new adaptor, rather you can just use CCM 6/4 pot calipers that come with brackets for a bolt on installation.
Thanks... that is what I was trying to say. No need of any custom brackets.

Quote:
2. If you opt to go with M5 iron rotor and/or it's caliper which although same as M3/M4 CCM calipers, but is a direct top mount w/o an adaptor, and the rotor offset can be different from M3/M4 CCM rotors, so you will need an adaptor.

Yes, that is what I am trying to find out with F10 M5 front rotors.

The F8x CCB calipers (Gold in color) come with brackets, the F10 M5 calipers (Blue or Gold) do not as they bolt directly to the carrier (as in your photo).

Quote:
Spindle is the assembly that connects the caliper and wheel hub which the rotor 7 wheel are mounted to.
That is the thing... there is no spindle in the F8x or F10 M5. This is a spindle:

The F8x and F10M5 rotor bolts to the hub assembly (#3), caliper bolt to the carrier (#2):

I think that your company assumes that this kit will be like others that you have created. Once you physically start working with your kit you will realize that this will be just a rotor swap with the proper hats, steel rotor compound pads kit and nothing else.
Appreciate 0