10-01-2015, 05:15 PM   #45
Igor_M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many, BMW.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH View Post
Found them. Strange no comment has been made regarding the backlash these have received.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamr916 View Post
+1
We're not dodging anything here guys, we understand the fundamentals of the automotive forums, so we sat back and allowed the forums "CSI team" to conduct their speculations and report back to us. Hence why we limited the amount of information we provided in our original post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty View Post
Annnnnd these are already all over Alibaba. Sadly I feel like this is when Mars performance said they were coming out with the first set of aftermarket lights for the halogen F30's. They charged $1000 delivered to the USA, and then a few months later everyone on ebay had them for $400 shipped.
Quote:
Got quoted $700 from one seller, and $1250 shipped to the USA from another.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
How much money are you trying to make of these???...they are less than half price online

Hold up, so where do we sign up for this Group Buy?

First things first, we never made any claims to manufacture these lights, so lets make sure everyone is clear on that. However, we are the first to introduce and offer them to the US market. We did not tie up the factories sales team and stuff them in a container in hope that no one ever finds out that these became available.

We anticipated the forums Wal-Mart Roll Back team to fly in and start slashing prices with figures every Chinese sales man uses to pitch you into an inquiry. Alibaba experts at their finest.

We made a slight mistake in calculation with initial pricing for the MSPR & First-10 Group Buy basing it on the shipping costs we were quoted. After speaking to the manufacturer, we were able to lower the price by getting a better shipping quote and made adjustments in the main post.

So, without getting any kind of feels spilled all over this thread, lets make a long story short.

We are SELLING a product that's manufactured in ASIA
When WE SELL a product manufactured by another factory:
- We TEST the product.
- We CERTIFY & validate the QUALITY of the product.
- We provide SUPPORT for the product.
- We provide WARRANTY for the product.
- We provide CUSTOMER SERVICE for the product.
- We make sure our product and service results in CUSTOMER SATISFACTION.

So. If you want to save a few hundred bucks, and purchase the product from a RESELLER outside the US, you are voiding all those mentioned factors above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXL XLR8 View Post
Wow thanks, guess I'll hold off for a couple months and see if these start selling for $400 on eBay

You will NOT see these exact headlights that cheap, maybe 5+ years from now after thousands have been sold. You WILL end up seeing several versions of this product the minute another asian factory gets their hands on it. Sure, you'll see that for $400 eventually, but by then you end up with a product that is replicated from the replica that's already based on several generations of replicas. You want to put that in YOUR BMW? An ELECTRICAL component, with MODULES, that not only compromise the safety of yourself, but others around you?

Sure. go ahead.

Or, you purchase a product from a US based company that will stand behind the product because their reputation is at stake... we're not some new start up.

There's a reason why we charge what we charge for custom headlight services, and why we're still in business almost 8 years later. Every single one of our F30 jobs ranges in the $1600-2500 mark on the CUSTOMERS headlights.

We believe we set a fair market price for these lights, considering what other Alibaba "factories" aka salesmen are charging, and in addition to the lengths we are taking to stand behind the product.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndotagSwizz View Post
I don't get it I'm all in for making money but I thought the main focus of the forum was to help each other out not be rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrENDeatH View Post
That's what I thought. I understand people are out here trying to make a business and profit and I have no problem with that, but when you are selling it for almost 3 times as much as the actual manufacture. That's a bit extreme.
The forums main focus IS to help each other. When a business is providing a service or a product on the forum, and pays a premium to do so... they are still HELPING you, because the average forum user is much harder to deal with due to their newly discovered expertise, and have the ability to bash the brand because they didn't like the color of the packaging peanuts they used.

Every vendor that is advertising on any automotive forum is taking a far greater risk advertising here, for a less than average increase in sales for the time and cost that is invested.

And no one is making 3, 2, or even 1 times the cost of the product by reselling it on the forum. Quoting a post, and using that unvalidated information against another forum member and/vendor only brings out the xxxx in you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squidlyboy View Post
here we go again .. lol ... let me recap:

1) http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=807287 - Feb 22, 2013

2) http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=858322 - June 27, 2013

3) "Tomorrow won't be just another day" - Sept 28, 2015

hey alex/igor - hopefully tomorrow won't be another 2/22 or 6/27 - can you guys ... like finally ... deliver ... this is getting a little embarrassing all talk, no walk ...
Glad to see you're keeping tabs, allows us to see how deep our following really goes.

Can't even disagree with your statement, failing to follow through with our previous propositions is something we regret. We were in over our head, and tried to cover too many basis without having a concrete plan for execution. That won't be happening again as we're older, wiser, and have better resources at hand to actually follow through with the promises we stand to make today.

One thing I would like to mention however, is that we don't stand to make a product we don't feel 100% with, and if we do, it will not be a product that will carry our name, or certification.

The products we wanted to make in the past did not come thru simply because the level of quality wasn't there that was within our budget. We would rather not make something and break a promise than to develop and manufacture something that will destroy our image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanmaygarg View Post
Great work guys! Looks amazing.

What is the discounted price if i come to your shop for the installation?
(Count me in for group buy!)

Also, waiting for more pictures!
For the first 10, we are offering FREE installation.

We have 5 remaining spots for the first 10 orders, within 24 hours, before we even made a Group Buy thread, or even came in here to "defend" ourselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scostu View Post
Do you offer core exchange or do we ship our headlights to you and wait for the magic to be done?
This is a complete product that you buy out right, does not involve your headlights, you buy, we ship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjustinn View Post
Well, they look great, just like OEM! If they were made to full OEM spec, with adaptive functions and all, then I could understand the price being so high. But I'm pretty sure they won't have the auto-leveling function since it's PnP; no level sensors to install. Though, I'm not sure if it's possible to "plug & play" adaptive headlights. Either way, I just can't justify spending that much for a lighting upgrade nearly halfway through my lease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotjonnL View Post
Any night time photos and light output photos?
Like the rest said, theres no adaptive function, however, the quality of these vs the OEM F32 and F80/2 is about 95% cosmetically. We will do a side by side comparison with a stock M4 equipped with the LED Package and provide a FULL Comprehensive review from the cosmetic and functional perspective, inside and out. We'll make sure to spill the guts for you savages.

Quote:
These do look to be OEM for what is optional on the 2016 F30's. The only "missing" component is the led eyebrow that's connected to the inner most ring. This is almost a combination of the new LED lights, and the old xenon design mashed together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamr916 View Post
I would say they are closer to the F10 style than the F30 style
Actually, these are based more on the 4-Series LED headlights which are also fitted on F8x M3 & M4's.
The only design that resembles them to the factory F30 xenon headlights is the chrome trim that runs along the bottom of the housing right by the lens.

I will update the main post with detailed photos and side by side comparison review to similar BMW LED headlights and the borrowed design characteristics in a few days once our test vehicle is returned.

Keep in mind that we live and breathe BMW headlights, from factory to aftermarket, we are very knowledgable in our field, we have dissected nearly every BMW headlight that was manufactured in the last 10 years, including all the recent LED headlights. We are aware of the technology, and components used. From the DTRL optics, to the heatsinks and fans cooling the LED's, I personally studied, and see these components and design elements in my sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ji99lypuff View Post
I dont blame them for wanting to make some money, if its not your thingto go through them you can go ahead and buy it off alibaba. I think they are here to make money but also offer feedback, opinions, and advice. Do i think is expensive, yes! But i also dont think its wrong for them to offer a product at theor price.

Also, someone please get these and do a detailed review!
Appreciate 0