MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3maniac20 View Post
OP,
Sweet car! Seems like mine will be very similar, only with Melbourne red and Saddle, and RWD.
Thanks for your notes on the car. Ive been a bit nervous coming from an E92 M3 and 335is that this wouldn't drive as nicely. (Obviously there are some changes but you know what I mean).

Petty, but do you know if you can code it to turn the shifter light on?
First time having a BMW Manual so I'm really looking forward to it!
Lol, same car except everythings' different.

I don't think you can code the manual shifter lights since they appear to be chromed out.

I will say my 340ix does not drive nearly as nice as my E92 M3. Mostly to do with steering. It's not bad, but just not as direct.

Since you resurrected this thread I guess I'll update you guys after 2,500 miles of ownership...

• It’s still not an M, no one notices it – kinda sleeper-ish
• M Performance Power and Sound Kit still not available (needs more power)
• I can now feel that “soft” area in the center of the steering with VSS, it’s a little odd-feeling but still don’t regret getting VSS
Steering wheel seems to not be perfectly centered – alignment is fine, center is pitched slightly left
• E-brake still not engaging as firmly as I’d like it to
• M-brakes are very nice now
• Love the stock exhaust note in Sport mode – slight burbles
• Love the rev-matching – makes driving a manual even more enjoyable
• I’m glad I got the xDrive even though I only truly used it 4-5 days this winter – makes the car more practical and driving dynamics aren’t nearly as noticeable as some have pointed out

Last edited by MomoM3; 03-06-2016 at 10:58 AM..
Appreciate 0