04-05-2016, 11:37 PM   #89
MomoM3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: X7 M50i | M2 CS | X5 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versipellis View Post
Out of curiosity, what made you decide to go from a line of M cars (bar the one X) to a "normal" 3-series?
For very specific reasons that fit my current state - I need AWD since I moved from the flat city to the rural hills and also frequently drive my car to the mountains of PA/NY/VT to ski. Maybe if it actually snows next winter I'll drive up to Tremblant, QC. Although it's 98% me alone in the car, I needed something with 4 doors in case I ever needed to throw the family in there. Also, I don't really drive automatics well, so I had to have a manual.

At 4,200 miles in my 340ix, I do wish I had gotten an F80 LCI M3 instead but then again I'd be obsessing over whether to add the Competition Package for another $5500 (you have to get it) and there goes the vicious cycle of upselling myself to more than I need.

It was really about getting a car with xDrive so that I could at least convince myself it was a more practical and less expensive vehicle than the F80 M3.

The M3 or M5 might make better sense for me in 3 years. Sadly, it looks like the G30 M5 will not available in a manual.
Appreciate 2