United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBNYC View Post
They either drill it or separate it, ronanz cryptocar dd1981 Luminous Stubok can share some insight on the preferred method and why ARC550 ocN55 Bmw doubles MissionPerformance

Also the BIG question is, that I saw on the F80 thread was HP Autosport does GIAC need to bench flash for update/revision or flashing back to stock or is it done thru OBD2 after initial bench flash ?

Because I guarantee no one will bench flash you back to stock for free,
but obd2 (5mins) will be able to update, revision 2, or flash back to stock at no extra cost (my local tuner has been doing the latter) among a few not many here in the states.
That is a really good point. Just like ROBNYC said, having ability of doing OBD2 flashing to stock or revision is a big game changer. That is something we have waited to perfect before we came to the forums as vendors and after initial bench flash, we can do everything remotely over OBD. If you have a warranty concern and need to go back to the dealer, its very important to have your car flashed back to stock. How many people want to remove the computer and go somewhere to get it flashed again when their is an OBD option available?
There is no reason why the dealer would go through the effort of determining whether your DME is flashed unless it was clearly and visibly poorly opened and resealed by the tuner. In fact there are very few dealers that would even know how to check for a flash (aside from road testing) and inspection with E-Sys and ISTA does not show any flash. So I totally disagree about the need to flash back to stock for warranty issues unless it's a big deal like total engine failure or transmission failure.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0