Rep
Drives: Bmw

Garage List
2024 bmw   [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishsig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo0823 View Post
Had bms 1 installed by a professional to mAke sure it was done correctly. The car is another animal. Coming from a gtr I was missing the thrust and head bopping from accelerating. I wanted a little more but not to much. Here's my review of the bms stage 1.
1st and 2nd gear wot is useless. It pulls like crazy after 3k. I had 2 different people sit with me in stock wot and stage 1 wot. These are friends of mine that commute with me to work daily and have a sense of the cars stock power. After install, they immediately noticed more thrust and head bopping back into the head rest. I had a quick run against a stock m4. I was a car length ahead. Just flooring it is useless. I have the dct tranny. I usually set engine to sport. It's true power is when you set sport+ and shift level 3 and accelerate medium footed to heavy gradually. I can honestly admit the thrust now is comparable to a 2009 gtr with 485 Hp and 438 torque. I owned one and can vouch to it. That feeing comes after 4K and 30mph wot. Light acceleration comes with less effort now. The car feels very slightly different in normal driving with this tune but everything changes after 3k. I do have a milltek race exhaust and def noticed a louder exhaust tune after 3k. That was enough evidence for me that this tune is working since there is more power and hence more exhaust noise to release the anger. I couldn't be any happier with the purchase.
I assume by these statements you mean there's nothing but wheel spin?
Can't wait to install mine later today.
That is if I can get that damn MAP sensor disconnected.
Yea I know I could have done the install myself but had no patience for it. Had my guy Richie from queens NY who did it in 15 minutes. I guess 20 plus years dealing with cars pays off.
Appreciate 0