View Single Post
      04-29-2016, 11:58 PM   #8
///M///
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2016 Manual AW F80

Thanks. No way will I risk my novice skills on my M3, not till I have done this a few times on my other cars. This is for my black Acura TL which has quite a few swirl marks and some holograms. I was planning on using the orange pad but undecided on the compound. I don't have the patience or the time (2 toddlers) for doing multiple stages so was looking to do a single stage trying to decide between the VSS scratch and swirl remover and the V36. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manda Mew View Post
Oh only once or twice a year? You'll be fine with the X then. The 10fx has better balance, almost like its on autopilot when it's on the paint, and a cool digital dial. And it bogs down less. If you're doing paint correction get a 4 inch backing plate as well. Wait for one of they're sales and they may come with a combo pack with a 4in backing plate. The reason I say you need one is the X will bog down on corners and creases in the body panel of the pad is too big, so a smaller pad will compensate for that. It's just annoying changing out the backing plates (on the 10fx at least) and if you tighten it too much the balance will be bad, if it is just loosen it a bit. Not a big deal. But now that means you need to get multiple pads and plates that bring the price closer to the 10fx. I guess on the M3 you don't have to worry about panel creases as much as other cars since the panels are mostly flat. Ok, so you should be fine with an X with a 5 inch plate and orange and white pads, or go more aggressive if you have more swirls. Still, wait for one of their sales or combo deals. If you have any other questions let me know.
Remember, you can also apply waxes a lot better with a machine than by hand (of your paint is clean and clay barred). So you may end up using it more than once or twice a year.

My Amazing European Delivery Story
Appreciate 0