View Single Post
      06-17-2016, 09:38 AM   #73
///M4ster Yoda
Banned
Rep
Drives: '16 F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassicaia
Like everything else I have experience where once it was made, designed and built in its country of origin only to be eventually be sent over seas or to a 3rd world country to be built the quality will simply drop.

I wouldn't buy a BMW made in Mexico any more then a Porsche made in Vietnam or Ferrar made in China. This comes from years and years of experience and being burned.

I've experienced drops in quality from industry's across the board in everything from BBQs to high end audio equipment. It's not a fluke that Germans built a reputation of being great engineers and making great cars. There is a level of passion, pride and lineage which can't be autsourced.

Further, I have personally held positions which have given me direct experience with moving high quality "made in the USA" product to China, and while the company marketed and put the usual spin on "its in our factories, or built to our spec" etc the quality control dropped segnificantly. Profits up, but quality down.

I'd never ever buy a BMW built anywhere besides Germany. It's simply worth less to me. Id also still like to support that idea that each country can and has a history of being able to provide unique offerings based on the love, enthusiasm and uniqueness of its people. Be it Itallian clothing, France wine, German engineering or Swiss watches etc. I personally think it's healthy to promote and has much more value then Small increases in profits.

Diluting the notion that each country is unique and going down the path of "everyone is the same or equal" is rather sad to me. People are unique like whole countries are, and as a result it stands to reason some countries will generally excell at certain things over others.

I'll always put my money where my mouth and pay the premium to support that. When in Germany I was reminded yet again that Canadians and Americans don't know a thing about making a good fresh beer.
This ^. I agree completely. I would never buy a BMW made outside of Germany. I've never even considered any of the "American" BMWs.
Appreciate 0