View Single Post
      01-08-2017, 06:23 AM   #77
SCOTT26
Major General
Rep
Drives: A big F-off German Truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
The Sportwagen is another one that has been a stand-out in the past, but the numbers have been sliding for the past five years. You still see them out there but sales of the newest model, the Golf Sportwagen that was introduced for MY2015, have not been hot. And that was before the diesel scandal broke which certainly hasn't helped - as much as 90% of them were diesel in the past. The new Alltrack will probably take another chunk too. In fact, I could see it taking over completely in the next five years, like the Audi allroad eventually did for the A4 Avant.
For Geneva there are plans for a Concept Car VW Golf SUV model so when that comes its Adios to the Sportwagon and welcome the possibility of the Mexico (Or USA) built SUV equivalent.
BMW currently have a Sportwagon and they still will in the future but its called the X3 and its more reflective to the American market in which is demanded and by the consumer wanted.