View Single Post
      03-17-2017, 07:10 AM   #55
juld0zer
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Prev 135i 7DCT, Now 130i 6sp

You can use up to 30psi, according to BMW. We run all our machine bleeders at 30psi. The only cars we dial them down a bit is Minis because there's a rumour around the shop that their reservoirs sometimes blow up. In reality, you get adequate flow at 15-20psi. For a hand pump bleeder just pump til you get adequate flow. The higher the pressure, the more fluid mist sprays when you depressurise the bottle. In my home made bleeder i always put 2L minimum to be safe.

Right hand rear is actually the longest line. On the fronts, the longest is the caliper farthest from the master.

Now, i have to disagree that a steady stream of bubbles means boiled fluid. Almost every car will produce a steady stream of bubbles when pressure bled up to or around the maximum suggested bleeding pressure and usually with the nipples wound out beyond the minimum for bleeding. What happens is the steady stream of fluid pulls in air through the bleeder nipple threads as the fluid flows out of the nipple. The more flow, the more bubbles. Sometimes it's a stream of little bubbles, sometimes it's one big one every few seconds. Add a long bleed hose and the sucking (venturi) effect increases due to gravity
Appreciate 0