View Single Post
      08-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #105
JoeyBimX5din
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMX X5 Xdrive50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppyboy View Post
Re-read my post 4 up. The info I'm providing is TX specific. What you're referencing is not. Regardless, the OP should really start tightening the screws at this point. For those recommending he continue bending over, that's awful advice. True story: I successfully sued Jiffy Lube two months ago after they screwed up the drain plug threads on my wife's car's oil pan (obviously, I shouldn't have gone there, but was in a crunch). I only filed suit after unreturned calls, then sending them several letters, followed by back-and forth correspondence with the Better Business Bureau as mediator. Only after JL's constant refusals to accept responsibility did I decide to file suit. My point is, it takes a long time to document attempts to resolve things amicably. The OP is behind because he has not yet made any actual, time-bound demands after a month of being incredibly patient.
Federal law, not state law. The OP has started his escalation, I think he has taken the appropriate pace for his situation. I believe with your jiffy lube stripped oil pan bolt you took the appropriate escalation also. There is no blanket rule of thumb for vendor based failures, and how you as a consumer handles the situation, it is going to be case by case. The OP's situation is more complicated and also coming from a different angle then the oil pan failure. He is not 'bending over' he is working towards fixing it. At this point he will more then likely not have to take this vehicle if he chooses not to. I do believe if more time passes with the poor communication he has received, yes, by all means, seek a lawyer. I would give it another two weeks or so before going to a lawyer. You cannot go from 0 to 100 with any vendors at all, that does not get things done, that is the point I am trying to get across to you, and that not everything is set in stone, and both parties (the dealer, the BMW dealer, and the OP) in this situation have rights and responsibilities.
1995 BMW 540i6 - H&R Lowering Springs, Bilstein's, Racing Dynamics Bars, Catback, Short shifter
Appreciate 0