View Single Post
      10-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #5
obsoletepower
Rep
Drives: 2016 F30 340xi 8AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rak299 View Post
This is an AT? (If 6MT, what I am saying will not apply) Does it happen if you are coasting and then step on the gas? Only at startup? If it only happens in sport mode and seems under the car, it seems that it must be in the transmission. There are vacuum-driven modulators and other magic stuff that work differently in sport mode.

Are you still under warranty? If so, anything inside the transmission is expensive. Take it into the dealer.
It is an auto. I can hear the noise when coasting then pressing gas pedal and happens after depressing gas pedal as well. I can hear it in sports mode but I think it happens in comfort as well but maybe not as loud. Also, it doesn't seem to happen when starting off from rest.

The car is still under warranty for a few more years but before taking it in I want to try and pinpoint this to at least a general area. Noises are some of the worst problems to have because in some cases they are almost impossible to diagnose. I am going to try and capture this noise and hopefully post a clip of it soon.

I really appreciate your suggestions!
Appreciate 0