03-29-2018, 08:58 AM   #37
TMac335i
335i F30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanview View Post
Successfully flashed the car with the AA Stage 1 file last night after experiencing some problems at the first try last weekend.

What happend was, that I got an error trying to flash the car with the "large" Stage 1 file that I received from AA.
It dropped an error on the iFlash program after selecting the file and didn't start to upload.
However I could flash the ECU with the large new Stock file I also received.

Nic from AA then sent me a new "small" Stage 1 file, which I could then successfully flash over the new Stock tune.

Flashing the large file took about 10 minutes (charger hooked up)
Flashing the small file took about 1 minute. The car then shows a limp mode warning, which I was told was normal, but as I didn't know before, this kind of put me into "shit, what happens?" mode for a moment!
After the ECU flash you need to restore the coding database which takes another minute or so. After that, limp mode warning went off. And I my heartbeat and adrenaline level went back to normal.

Basically, I just followed 1:1 the easy and clear PDF instructions I got from AA!

Took the car for a short test drive and are pleased with the results.
As the engine was cold I didn't push, but can for sure feel how much more torque there is.

I did some pulls on the road before the AA flash and will repeat that at asap and then share with you the M Performance Driver App graphs later.

So far it feels powerful, but let the numbers talk! :-)
Nice!
Active Autowerke Flash Tune, FMIC, Exhaust | BMS Intake | VRSF DP | VRSF CP
Appreciate 0