View Single Post
      09-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #66
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjdnyy224 View Post
Okay that makes sense, and you answered my next question, which was what are the benefits, and it's to fill in that drop off in power up top, or to just keep pulling to redline simply. All makes sense now

So, having experienced the transition first hand, is the MHI's ability to keep up higher in the revs something you can notice easily? I know you mentioned that you started pulling on a stock turbo car on the big end, but is it something you'll notice easily, feel wise, during pulls, or is it something you'll only see in dyno graphs?
You will see it for sure when you're in that top end but only with a point of reference, to be honest. Sure, you might be able to "feel" that it's not running out of breath at the top but having a car next to you that the only difference is turbo and AWD, it amplifies that. It would be even better if it had a tune to specifically take advantage of the bigger turbo.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0