blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSweet1991 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Cool cool. nice one for the info...are you mapped...?
I am mate, I found out after purchasing the car when I started to look into it so I have no idea who done it or what it's putting down but given all the little things I've discovered about the car I've got little faith that it was done by anybody reputable lol.
Haha that's exactly what happened to me! It was mapped when I bought it but when I put it on a Dyno it was showing power at 235bhp!! After I got a proper custom map done it went up to 285bhp but more importantly the way it drove was completely different!!

The fact that you're mapped supports what I'm thinking that it will defo be making more pressure in the crankcase so hence more likely to push oil through the breather...it might be a case that when standard, it's fine and hence why BMW didn't feel the need to put a separator in the breather assembly...Dunno.
Appreciate 0