View Single Post
      10-22-2018, 08:26 AM   #2
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep
Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
1) Be aware of the local etiquette, like not taking someone’s photo without permission, or being prepared to tip for the privilege. Negotiating in Morocco is an art form. Typical of other places in Africa, there is a lot of poverty in Morocco. Usual caution is advised. No worse than any other African big city in my opinion.

2) Generally, Casablanca is a day visit at best, Marrakesh & Fez are the places to be. Note that Marrakesh is overrun by tourists though. Fez and Essaouira are better. If you want to see a touristy desert - Marrakesh is a good set-off spot for these types of tours. I wouldn't bother with Tanger.

3) I would encourage you to add Rabat and Sale, if you want to see real casbas as both are not very touristy and there are things to keep you busy there for a day or two; they're essentially one city, separated by a river. They're also on the way to Fez if you take the train.

4) Daytime weather will be hot (mid to high 90's), but be cognizant of local dress codes. They're very welcoming to tourists, but be respectful visiting sights such as mosques etc and be sure the women dress appropriately.