Nickco43
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 BMW M3

Garage List
2008 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vilord View Post
Got my official BMW video cable today. It fit perfectly for running from the evo to my 8.8 screen, which did not turn on at all, same thing it did when i plugged it into the loaner car.
Definitely think this screen is toast.

It did not fit with my X5 10.25 screen because the connector on the screen is facing the wrong way and the cable ends up going forwards and hitting the screen.

I noticed that the +12v and GND are *swapped* by the cable from one end to the other, and used that info to try pumping raw +12v into both screens. The 8.8 still did nothing.
The 10.25 *turned on and says NO SIGNAL!!!* Woot! $150 10.25 screen for the win.

I reversed the video cable so the HU end is at the screen and the screen end is at the HU, so it will plug in. Nothing comes up on the screen at all when I do that. This is probably because of the wrong resolution setting on the HU. I'll load up e-sys tonight so i can recode the resolution.

Hopefully the video part of the cable is not oriented incorrectly now that i'm using the cable backwards... i can't figure out how to disassemble the fakra ends otherwise
I hope this cable is not clocked wrong.
Appreciate 0