View Single Post
      04-26-2019, 12:39 AM   #61
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Garage List
Took the car in to Revolution in Gateshead to have the Bilstein B14 coilover kit fitted. The cars been lowered approximately 30mm front and 20mm rear to even out the arch gaps. I asked them to leave a finger gap between the arch and tyre and they've pretty much got it spot on. They can go lower but I'm going to see how I get on at this height and if I have no issues getting around then I might drop them and other 5 - 10mm.

I had already fitted 12mm front and 15mm rear spacers. Before it was lowered the fronts poked out a little too much for my liking so I was going to change them to 10's. However the slight camber they have after being lowered tucks them nicely in to the arches and they now sit perfectly.

I haven't got many miles on them yet but initial impressions are good, there is no significant decrease in comfort over the passive m sport suspension - one of my concerns as this is my main car. You can feel they are firmer especially at lower speeds around town but certainly at higher speed and on the motorway they are an improvement.

I'll live with them a little longer before trying to give an honest opinion on how they perform and how they are to live with day to day. But at this moment I'm very happy.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6