Drives: F90 M5 / F15 50i

Garage List
2020 BMW M5  [10.00]
2014 X5 50i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnik View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverik259 View Post
It's not that big of a deal. It's just like changing the media or input setting when you get in the car to listen to radio or Bluetooth or usb etc. it's just a single push and it opens right up.

And just to add that steering wheel functions don't seem to work properly on unichip. Talking to them today about it and she said it was an odd on function and has conflict with their module. Sent her a video of my HUD and when I have CarPlay open and try and change radio stations if glitches quite badly. Steering wheel controls also do not work on the CarPlay itself.
Oh okay, so you just single press button "8" on your radio to get carplay?

My brother borrows me a coding app adapter for my iphone and I can at least try if I find an option like this to start carplay right away - but firstly I will install it tomorrow and hope everything works well with cable management etc.!

regarding the wheel buttons: I hope they release a software update then that it works again for you! I wonder if also others have these problems or if its just you with maybe a radio app that is not compatible or something?

btw. the wireless carplay box I received is not branded as a "unichip" but as "limcet". But regarding yuki it is also produced by unichip.
Ya I'm quite sure you can't code presets to be default. You can get it to start up in a certain mode (radio, Nav, media, six, etc) however the CarPlay is like a weird adapter and doesn't quite act like a mode per say.

As far as the issues I'm having. After talking unichip they have expressed there's nothing to be done as it's "not their fault" lol. I believe it's there fault to not express the limitations of their product but hey this is America and I guess things in China run different.

Unfortunately unichip doesn't offer wireless for NBT yet. They said maybe soon. Only joyauto and unique.

I didn't see an option for wireless CarPlay on avins website. Only thing they have is a dongle for wired for the X5s at least.
'14 X5 50i (wife’s now)
Appreciate 0