View Single Post
      09-08-2019, 08:18 PM   #78
ucsbwsr
Captain
Rep
Drives: E61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL18 View Post
If your looking for a great tune for your x5 35d then I highly recommend BRR tuning. I went with him for my 335d and the tune is fantastic, will also go with him for my x5 35d as well. If you go on over to the 3 series forum and go to the m57 threads you'll find more on reviews from BRR. He's new but probably the most refined tune available for our m57 not to mention one of the cheaper one's available.

BRR thread: Shoutout to BRR tuning. https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1619882

My BRR tuned dyno thread: BRR Tuned Dyno numbers https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1564142

Also, anymore info of the morimoto led fog light retrofit? Like what size you used? That's looks absolutely stunning and I'd love to do that with my x5s fog lights.

Your x5d looks great btw. Hoping to get my exterior to look that nice after I delete my x5d
I have heard some good stuff about BRR but like many other tuners in the M57 scene they don't disclose many details showing and explaining what's going on. I understand tuners want to keep their secret sauce but as a consumer I feel like the M57 tuning scene is a bunch of he-said she-said, not tuners offering hard data and showing the what/how/where/why.

Your dyno sheet was one I had already saved in my ever growing M57 folder. That is the power I am looking for, ~350whp 500-550wtq and ideally a "clean" tune as I don't want to be puffing coal everywhere. JR 2.8 originally caught my eye with the power and cleanliness but I am not crazy about the $$, especially a one-time off the shelf tune. BRR keeps popping up with promising reagard and I hear he his tune is from scratch and not a modded Euro tune like most but that doesn't really offer insight on WHY is tune is more refined. Lastly there is Mike at BPM who is local, he is also well regarded and the thought of syncing up with him for a custom tune is appealing. These are probably the top 3 candidates with DUDMD next in line. More research to do! Thanks for posting the dynograph (nice numbers for a mustang dyno too) dyno graphs are suprisingly hard to come by in the M57 world. People get deleted and just say their car feels fast and that they offer pointless racing kill stories. Dyno graphs and data logs and what's up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deftronix View Post
Look forward to see what you're going to do with the intake and cutout. I've been playing with the idea of putting a dump in the exhaust as well but vacuum actuated so it can be more controllable like a throttle body. Are the electronic actuators on/off only or can you for example put in 6V and the valve goes to 45 degree(50% of its usual flow)? Plan to wire this to the secondary output of the torqbyte controller so I can actuate on its own map and tune for proper back pressure, etc. Let me know what you think. Thx.
The QTP isn't a one touch actuation so you press and hold the switch as it opens/closes and release it when you want the valve to stop. Personally I wish it flicked on/off quickly like the vacuum operated ones but for your situation where you want partial actuation it's a perfect fit. Only thing to note is properly acclimate yourself with how long it takes to open and close since after the valve is bottomed out one way or another and you continue to activate the valve it can't be good for the motor.

I spent Saturday measuring and mocking up the inlet system and made some good progress. Next step is to order the remaining parts and test fit. The main component will be 3.5" 90 degree oval piping from CX Racing, the same used in this X5M project, my inlet will have the filter in the same located pre-radiator: https://www.xbimmers.com/forums/show....php?t=1508868

If all goes to plan the system will look like this:
K&N Filter - 3.5" Oval pipe - 3.5" 45 degree silicone elbow - 3.5" joiner - 3.5" 90 degree silicone elbow, OEM MAF, 3.5"-3" straight silicone reducer - OEM lower turbo inlet elbow.

For filters the base option will be the K&N RC-5000 but will explore stuffing a RC-5040, not sure if it will make a difference but usually more air filtering is a good thing. OEM panel filter is 12"x9.5"x1.5" Looking up a 12x9.5x1 panel filter on K&N shows it flows 640cfm. I gather from the internet the RC-5000 flows 600cfm and the 5040 flows 1,000cfm.

Another project which has stared is a oil catch can I will probably build my own CCV block off plate and utilize a small vented catch can. Many people use the ProVent but venting to purge a spike of pressure seems like a good call, some have blown VCGs or blow excessive smoke out of the exhaust with a closed system.

More to come,
Evan
- EOS Port Injection Manifold, Fuel-It: Stg 2 LPFP +Lines +Ethanol Sensor
- JB4, Hexon RR550s, Custom Inlet, AR DPs, 3" Exhaust, VRSF 7" IC, ER CP +Tial
Appreciate 0