09-24-2019, 11:38 AM   #108
RL18
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucsbwsr View Post
I used the OEM Continental hose but will probably refresh it all again with thicker hose when it's needed, OEM lines seem to have a pretty short lifespan.

The actuators and converters were the meat and potatoes of what I did with this vac line refresh, pretty much everything on the hot side has been replaced. Good tip on the vac pump gasket.

No real difference in performance TBH, I don't think my lines were leaking just in rough shape and getting worse. Curious to see if MPG goes up with the EGR bypassed.
Gotcha. Well when you do a refresh I highly recommend getting your vacuum line stuff from mcmaster. The hoses are actually rated for the conditions they're in, you can get metal barb fittings, and some other things to neaten things up. As far as I'm concerned I shouldn't have to worry about vacuum lines for the life of my 335d which makes me happy.

This is what I'll be buying when I do my x5 delete process along with other some other things (double check on the barb fittings I had a couple I needed/didn't need when I did my 335d): https://www.mcmaster.com/order/rcvRt...;device=iPhone

And if you want to do the vacuum pump gaskets here's a link for that too, you want to make sure you get both of those gaskets: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F321320251247

Getting the vacuum system to 100% is definitely the most important thing on these engines since a leak anywhere in the vacuum system will affect the entire vacuum system (brakes, turbos, and engine mounts). My 335d was on my shit list for awhile because of the poor/inconsistent performance I was getting from multiple leaks, but now its a beast!

Mpg probably won't be too different if any difference. Everyone always fights about how much of a difference removing the egr makes, me personally, felt a difference in response on initial acceleration and low rpm acceleration/cruising. But everyone has different opinions on what they feel.