tturedraider
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i M Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by manoj517 View Post
I looked at the autocheck for 340I and it doesn't show any maintenance records, dealer said the car serviced by the owner. But the dealer of the 435 said it was their manager's son's car. So I guess 435 would have been driven hard, it was averaging 19k miles per year. I have a test drive booked for tomorrow for the 340I, I'll see if they will allow me to take it to a mechanic to inspect it.
Just because AutoCheck doesn’t show maintenance records doesn’t mean they don’t exist. I take it the car is not at a BMW dealer. It’s very unlikely the previous owner did all of his own maintenance since maintenance was included with the new car purchase for either three or four years (can’t remember exactly when they reduced the duration). The dealer/salesman is most likely just feeding you a line. Do get a PPI. Also, take the last seven of the VIN to a BMW dealer service department and ask if they will check the service records for you. You’ll need to go in person as it’s very unlikely they’ll do it over the phone. Also, check the in-service date. A 2016 may very well have some new car warranty left on it.
member #388003 - Use me as a referral
& you could win a one day ///M Driving School!!