View Single Post
      12-11-2019, 01:29 AM   #9
tyh77
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 440i xDrive Gran Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrylam646 View Post
My summer front setup uses 245/40-19 Continental Sportcontact 5 on OEM 437M (29 ET) and I am lowered on Eibach pro kit (<10mm in the front). I rub very very slightly on the front inner liner near the side-view camera/Park Assist sensor when reversing and turning near lock.

FYI, lowering ride-height increase caster (or moves the wheel forward) so it will make the rubbing worst.

I am surprised your vehicle is rubbing, especially since your vehicle does not appear to be lowered. Perhap your Hankooks are taller than normal.

I checked tirerack for the specs on your Hankook tires and compared them to other manufacturers (Conti and Michelin). The overall diameters are the same at 26.7" but the rev. per mile for the Hankook is different: 755 vs 778 (for conti and michelin). The lower rev. per mile for the Hankook would imply the diameter is larger.

Could be just a Tirerack typo....I could not find detailed specs on the Hankooks anywhere on the web to double check....

Anyhow, you should consider reducing the fronts to 235/40-19. Your current setup has a front/rear difference of ~1.5%.... recommendation is <1% or as close to 0% as possible.

Larry
Thanks Larry. I was wondering, do you run 265/35/19 or 275/35/19 in the rear? How did you achieve < 1% diameter difference front & rear?

Do you know what the effects of running > 1% in diameter differential are?

I feel like I should be raising this with Vorsteiner. Good points were raised in these responses - rub or not, the front/rear tire sizes don't yield the same diameter - and that is, apparently, not advised for the xDrive?
Appreciate 0