01-07-2020, 09:07 AM   #11
activereality
Newb to BMW
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe (E92)

Garage List
OK, guys. Parts are mostly ordered!

But looking for a few tips here. The Dynavin N7 Pro has 2 USB 2.0 ports on the back. It comes with one cable (unknown if it has a mount to it or what). Thinking of seeing about replacing the stock USB/Aux ports in the armrest and add another USB 3.0 port someplace else in the vehicle. This would be an ease of use for carplay or maybe connecting to the unit with a computer or something (i often like to see how much I can get into something haha)

This is my thinking so far:
replace the existing USB/Aux with some sort of USB 3.0/Aux (just to maintain the ability to use in case it ever comes up) and wire that the N7
then add a USB 3.0 port leading into the glove box or something... (what are others doing - I might have searched wrong, but could only find a couple of threads where this was mentioned for any new HU install- it is a small detail so easily understood)
or
Run one USB 3.0 to the armrest -replacing the current USB/Aux connection and the run a USB 3.0/ Aux to the Cigarette port location (just pull that out/hide under the panel and install a round version).

I know this is mostly ' desire' or 'preference' but also want to hear the creativity of the community.

Also, does anyone know a housing that I might be able to find to replace that existing USB/aux housing in the armrest- which I would try and install the new port/s into?

Oh and yes, using USB 3.o, just in case of future compatibility/replacement so don't need to upgrade again haha
Hell, I've even thought a little about adding a USB Type C connection in there, in case I go back to android.

Trying to add some pictures of example products here(idk how to make them a bit smaller- without editing the image - right now haha):
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1001_.jpg
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....AC_SL1001_.jpg
Attached Images

Appreciate 0