View Single Post
      03-31-2020, 04:17 PM   #16
crimpwimp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 6spd // E46 M3 LSB

Garage List
Subscribing to this thread, as I am another Bay Area E91 owner who enjoys wrenching. Pre-lci 6MT here, but I had grand plans of doing a full E90M conversion. In hindset, I probably would have chosen an LCI with comfort access, but I couldn't pass up the deal with a 74k miles, CA born and raised. Sadly, I sold my E46 M3 in LSB a few years ago to fund some other toys.

What I've worked on so far: F10 M5 illuminated shift knob, ECS tuning interior LED kit, coding for extra functionality, M3 steering wheel with custom leather reupholstering, replacing the dreaded passenger inside door pull, BMW factory alarm retrofit, ultrasonic sensor module, Homelink rear view mirror, and ignition coil/spark plug replacement.

Current mod: M3 front seats... and since I'm going from fully manual seats to powered/heated, I'm getting caught up with the re-wiring. I also think my driver seat module is faulty, because I can only hotwire the pins to enable the side bolster/lumbar support, but not the seat position motors.

Looking forward to the modifications on the horizon, given the abundance of free time we now have to work on the cars at home =p
Appreciate 1
tlow982197.00