View Single Post
      04-23-2020, 12:42 PM   #152
mikekilpatrick
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW F10 550 Xdrive Msport

Also an interesting -point when I did the M5 retrofit too my 2013 550. The caliper HOUSING is IDENTICAL between an M5 and a 550. The only difference is the brake pad holder. SO you can leave your calipers on your car and just swap them out with a different pad housing. Or, you can go with this setup from Tronic who can approach both ways. Replacing Caliper or using the original caliper with different adapter.

NOW, what I DID run into is when I install M5 calipers on the rear of the car, I found the adapter BOLTS did not clear the lower suspension arm by about 3-5 mm. SO I had to grind away about 4mm x 20mm of material from the lower suspension arm where the caliper mounts. There is plenty of meat there and i did not go so deep that I was under the bolt flange head, so no structural risk, just an observation that some of us need some additional modification.

I have a write up under mikekilpatrick that discuss this issue during install

But, in summary, THIS ADAPTER KITS ROCKS! BEST QUALITY of engineering and Tronic KNOWS HIS STUFF! VERY smart guy and I would go to him for ANY kind of metal adapter needs!

Mike
Appreciate 0