View Single Post
      05-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #8
noonystock
Rep
Drives: 2023 X1 xDrive28i

Not an issue for me...

I haven't played enough mp3 CDs to really comment on that point (though I have played a few and did not experience the problem you describe).

I did, however, specifically test out your "gapless" CD problem, and can report that it doesn't seem to be an issue for me. Test CD: Madonna - Confessions On A Dance Floor. Based on your description and diagnostic steps, it seems like the problem is associated with your specific headunit, despite your dealer's claims to the contrary. Yes, the "gapless" playback attribute is inherent to the Audio CD format, and any device capable of playing Audio CDs should be able to reproduce "gapless" playback. Don't really know what else to suggest...from your posting, it's not clear if you've got iDrive or not...I do. Maybe it's only an issue with non-iDrive headunits? Taking this assumption one step further, by random coincidence, were all the "test" cars in the showroom also non-iDrive? In any case, I can assure you there's at least one 2008 E92 out there (with iDrive) that can deliver "gapless" Audio CD playback. Good luck!

Last edited by noonystock; 05-05-2008 at 08:04 PM.. Reason: My suggested next step was already covered in the original posting, so I removed it
Appreciate 0