05-23-2020, 03:50 AM   #43
kenza750
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 525d E61

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post

I think I know what the problem is. Your values folder contains all the values (anims, arrays, attrs, bools etc). You should only compile those you are actually modifying so only for example arrays.xml and strings.xml. And within those files you should only have values that you are actually chaining. Try that and in the meantime I will do the same and let you know.

EDIT: Did you actually modify anything in the res\values\strings.xml and arrays.xml ?? If not (and it doesn't look like) this shouldn't be included. So you are right saying that if you compile apk with only values-nl and drawable-mdpi-v4 it works because these are the only things you have modified. The general rule of thumb is: do not compile files, values etc. that you didn't modify - only drop in those things into \res folder that you actually changed.
Actually I tried different things. I also tried to compile including only \values\strings.xml and \values\arrays.xml (so I removed the anime, attest etc) together with my changes in \values-nl. Compiling then does not generate any error but the changes do not appear in Android AND the apps button does not work.

You're right: only compile changes. That works, only the warnings during compile were fearing me. But I think these warnings can just be ignored.
Appreciate 0