View Single Post
      06-02-2020, 04:03 PM   #5
nsogiba
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 6MT Interlagos

I drove the C5 in this configuration for another 2 years and spent some time on other "bucket list" cars, which were short term ownerships but very fun.

A 2009 ex-State Police Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (still miss this one).

A 1998 E36 323i 5 speed vert that ended up actually being a pile of crap. The steering column was clunky, the power top needed work for it to operate normally, and it needed the whole front suspension rebuilt. I still had fun cruising with the top down all summer in 2018.

Not my photo, but identical.

The E36 was painfully slow and I was itching for another fun project, something that I could not care about and just abuse. Enter the Sloppy Silverado...

4.8 LS V8, 2WD, short bed stepside, regular cab. Rusty and ready for action.

While the Corvette was in storage, I spent the winter of '18-'19 working on the truck fabbing up a turbo kit, installed a rebuilt 4L80E, and modified a Mustang 8.8 axle to fit.

Still one of the most fun yet scary vehicles I've driven. It would light the tires up at most speeds and was terrifying above 70mph. The goal was to just built a POS that did burnouts and I could go on beer runs in. It did awesome at that.

With the turbo LS itch scratched, I sold the truck and focused on getting a new daily.

2009 E92 M3 | 6MT | Interlagos Blue
Progress Thread

2016 F15 X5 35i | 8AT | Sophisto Grey
Appreciate 1