07-01-2020, 11:37 PM   #15
PORTMOODY
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coal Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
Thanks for all the info, this honestly looks like the best option for us with non iDrive cars. How is Apple car play functioning on the unit? I was hoping to see how well it worked, as well as the boot time in your videos, but didn’t see it.
I do think it’s the best unit for us non idrive guys. Would be nice if we could get an idrive controller to work with it somehow. I know those idrive type units to have a controller for them. If we could fit one of those it would be amazing.

Apple CarPlay has been working well. It’s an app called zlink I believe. It takes about 10 seconds from when you plug in the phone. You can connect wireless but you lose sound quality via Bluetooth. The eonon definitely connected to CarPlay quicker. Almost immediately but I had weird buzzing feedback on the eonon.

It boots extremely quick. Depends if it’s gone to sleep or not. Most times it’s literally 1 second even if it’s sat overnight. If it’s a full boot it can’t be more than 10 seconds. It’s so much quicker than the eonon unit.
Appreciate 0