View Single Post
      08-02-2020, 02:42 PM   #163
PCNewman
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by asbrr View Post
Yikes - I think the suspension is quite tired which is causing some of your problems. There is a lot of back and forth on what dampers best match M-Sport. People have had success with either the B6 or B8. B8 for anything lower than m-sport for sure, b6 for non-sport and maybe even M-Sport.

Spring sag could be a thing, also a lower/stiffer spring is going to help prevent things bottoming out.

If you want to maintain close to stock ride height and don't want something super stiff see if you can find BMW performance springs, pair them with B8 dampers and call it a day....If you add Dinan camber plates up front you will gain 5mm of clearance/height, and improve front end grip due to the camber, as well as gain more clearance also due to camber.

Thanks for the advise. That will give me some different options to look in to for sure. I was pretty sold on the Bilstein B12 pro kit but was worried about tire rub up front. The Dinan camber plates may be the ticket for that. I found BMW Performance springs for E82 but the are $400 set. Probably not too bad for what you're getting. But with B8's the set up will be over $1k. I can do the B12 for around $700. But if...but if....hmmm.
Appreciate 0