View Single Post
      08-12-2020, 09:13 AM   #15
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92William View Post
As reckless as I am and as cheap as I am to try diagnose this myself instead of with a mechanic, I don't want this thing doing 80mph in my garage lol.

The other control arms imo are not good but I'll address them later. Howling noise doesn't seem to really change when turning but I'll try that tomorrow better.

This vibration is weird however because sometimes it happens hard or sometimes you don't feel much. Today it was specially bad, and would change when you'd let off the throttle in the highway and go back on it. This would indicate a driveshaft issue but I replaced guibo and csb.. there's still the rear guibo at the diff but that one looked good. Going to go over my work this weekend but there's also the posibility that the engine moving up and down doing that is changing the angle of the front cvs and changing the vibration.

My idea is to remove the two front cv axles if I manage to do it without any issues (unlikely being me) and see how it does.

Nothing reckless about it if done correctly and safely. It’s critical the car is securely on jack stands and level. If your assistant is obese it’s probably best to ask them not to shift their weight too much, though with jack stands the car really should be quite secure. I also removed my front tires when doing this to provide better access to suspension. If you aren’t comfortable though then best not to do it.

Keep us posted. I’m curious whether removing the axles solve your issue!