10-11-2020, 01:13 PM   #2
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by petercoh View Post
Hello everyone!
Ive been reviewing my options for an axleback exhaust because I want more loud and ive more or less settled on a rev9 muffler delete. My only concern is that it's branded for an f30. Does anyone have experience installing this kind of exhaust (will I need to retrofit, extend a pipe, etc.) or are there other more well suited options. I am a teenager on a budget so please keep that in mind. Thanks
In my humble opinion, it is possible that the reason for so many lookers and no responses so far is due to puzzlement. Longer, heavier, and taller than a 3 Series sedan or 4 Series coupe, this is a Grand Touring car, designed for comfort and luxury with performance. The emphasis is not first on performance, and certainly not "loud". You are asking if you can combine running shoes with a tuxedo. If you want a performance car with exhaust noise, trade for an M2 or M3. What you are asking about, if implemented, will just come off as quite odd, as if something is broken, not a good fit.

Of course, the parental instincts of some of us would focus on the "teenager on a budget" part and suggest saving the money for college first as you always will need more than you planned.

Good luck...many safe years and miles ahead!
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner
Appreciate 1
Billfitz8301.00