View Single Post
      10-11-2020, 03:36 PM   #5
Sportstick
Major General
Rep
Drives: '15 228i and '24 X3 sDrive30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
What he meant is this is a car for old farts, and we old farts prefer quiet...the better to blow the doors off unsuspecting kiddies in their ricers.

Also prevents fathers from hearing you bringing their daughters home long after you should be.
Your answer is very funny, but I don't understand the prior expression of confusion to my first simple post, whether in agreement or not.

Anyway, there are young and old "old farts" and young and old performance enthusiasts. My comment is more about the design intent of the car as BMW created it. The goals were smooth ride, spacious accomodations, responsive power, designed as appealingly as possible for that package .

Taking this kind of car and adding a loud exhaust is as inconsistent as would be putting a vinyl roof on an M2C. It would reflect a lack of understanding of what kind of car one has, regardless if one likes loud exhausts or not. It's just a mismatch. It is possible that the OP grew up knowing cars where the GT nomenclature was mis-used, such as a Mustang GT, and thought GT=high performance "muscle". It does not. It is about comfort/luxury over distance with a very responsive but refined powertrain.
2015 228i 6MT/Track Handling/Tech/Cold/Premium/Lighting/Driver Assistance/KCDesign Strut Brace/M2 LCAs/Rogue SSK/BBS SR/PS4S/ER Chargepipe/AA Intercooler/Dinan Shockware/MPerformance Spoiler/Black Grilles/Xpel Ultimate PPF & Prime XR+ Tint/Adam's Ceramic/no CDV
2024 X3 sDrive30i/MSport/Premium/Dynamic Handling/Shadowline/Parking/Xpel Prime XR Plus/Weathertech Cargo Liner

Last edited by Sportstick; 10-11-2020 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0